Wednesday 18 September 2013


THE MOORS HEAD
2/774 High St, Thornbury

Visited:  8th September 2013

Design: As I approached this door I had Jacob Dylan singing, "Gotta good woman by side" in my head. How could you not with such an amazing entry image? A touch of romance before you even enter, brilliant. There seems to be a bit of trend going on, once again we have the black steel square frame, yet I never get tired of this. The thing I like about this version is that the framing extends off to the left as part of the wall. Surrounded by black, the door acts as a frame for the interior and the picture behind. The entrance gives a you a sneak peak of the interior, yet doesn't reveal too much. It's minimal, the aqua olive tins that act as planter boxes work well with the black and the gold coloured ornate handle instantly curves to the palm of the hand upon grasping it to open. The industrial feel of the door design compliments the interior and the history of the building. I found the opening to be smooth with a nice closure. 

Door resistance: 2
Closure mechanism: Hydraulic arm
Draft: 0
Squeak level: 0

Change return time: 21sec




No comments:

Post a Comment