Tuesday 24 June 2014


KON THAI
481 Nepean Hwy, Frankston

Visited: 19th June 2014

Design: Once again, another aluminium framed door with the standard U-tube handle. Nothing really exciting about the door itself, it was dark they had the shop address number displayed vertically on the centre of the door. That distracts you from the door. Lucky there was a bright yellow neon sign displaying the name in the window left of the door as the vinyl lettering could not be read as it blended into the background of the interior. What I did like about this door was that it revealed the interior. As you approach you really feel like you are entering an authentic Thai restaurant on the island of Ko Chang. I have got to give it to the owners for creating the illusion. Entering this door was like being transported from Frankston into a 10 day packaged deal of Thailand. That's what I like about doors, they don't have to be that exciting, but combined with an amazing interior they can shift your mind and perception of reality. On this particular night I was taken from a shitty outer Melbourne suburb into tropical holiday, where in my mind I was planning what temples and beaches I would be visiting tomorrow. Thank you Kon Thai for the break.   

Door resistance: 2
Closure mechanism: Hydraulic arm
Draft: Minimal
Squeak level: 0

Change return time: 56 sec




No comments:

Post a Comment