Saturday 24 August 2013


MISS JACKSON
2/19 Grey St, St Kilda

Visited: 21st August 2013

Design: I'm sorry Miss Jackson, I am for real. I found this door to be almost like a modernist painting or a Rothko with its simple bands of natural timber, black across the base and the L shaped stainless steel panel around the window trim. The central glass panel sat beautifully within the door, allowing a glimpse inside yet not revealing too much. There was a medium resistance on the open swing with a gentle return on the close. This door deserves to be somewhere more refined. Please don't take my words as criticism for the business itself. My criticism is for the building it is surrounded by, cement, black timber framing above the door and red brick. I feel for this door, it makes me sad to see such a beautiful door in this environment. Like a French model forced to live amongst poverty and squalor and uncultured peers, it sits there day after day performing its duty yet never given an opportunity to fully shine or to express its full potential. All I can say is render, please render and allow this door to be the door it was created to be.

Door resistance: 3
Closure mechanism: Hydraulic arm
Draft: Minimal
Squeak level: 0

Change return time: 15 sec




No comments:

Post a Comment